Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pro Book 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I have successfully upgraded my HP ProBook 450 from win 8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. Before this step, my laptop was working fine without any issue. After upgrading I noticed the following:

1-  When I try to type anything anywhere (browser, word, note, etc ... ), Auto typing of these letters "  zxc\ty,.\ " appear.

2-  Volume muting

3- Shift key activating

The above points start together; for example, if I try to type something on the web,  after 5 to 6 letters the above characters (point 1) appear, and the volume mutes and the shift key activates at the same moment.

I tried to reset my win 10 pro with removing all the application and reinstalling the windows (without touching the data) but immediately when I finished the installation and while trying to enter the password, the shift key activated and I found myself typing capital letters and auto characters appear in the password area. The issue appeared again.

It is a really disturbing issue. There is NO suggestion/solution from anybody HP or Microsoft.

At least we need to know if it is because of our HP devices or it is something in the data or from Microsoft  ?? 

HP please help.

Did anyone get the solution for this issue?

Regards,

Anas

[

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having the same issue. For me the zxc\ty,.\ happens when I click the letter "c". Besides this, pressing the letters "e", "d" and the buttons "3" and "Esc" also generate weird actions such as jumping in fly-mode, make the calculator pop up, etc. 

I have reset my entire laptop three times. It fixed the problem for a little while but then it always returned, causing much irritation. Any keyboard attached to the laptop works perfectly fine though and even stranger: when in safe-mode the "broken" keyboard works too! 

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution either, but maybe the above information can help you somehow to fix it.

Good luck, and if I find a solution I will share it with you,

Jasper

HP Recommended

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.