08-04-2011 05:22 AM
My first HP Pavilion dv6 which i bought 1 and a bit years ago had a fault a few days ago. The backspace does not work on it anymore and I can't get support since warrenty expired 2 months ago. Is there anywhere i can get it fixed and how much would it cost?
08-04-2011 06:54 AM - edited 08-04-2011 06:56 AM
Connect an external USB keyboard to verify that the problem is with the notebook keyboard.
That shouldn't be a terribly expensive repair. The keyboard is easy to replace. You can have it replaced at a PC or laptop shop or do it yourself if you have enough confidence in your skills.
I think you have the wrong idea about the forum. This is not a website which gives quotes on repairs. Google the part to get an idea of the price and then look online or in your phonebook to source a repair shop. If you had actually identified your notebook then more specific answers (help) could be given.
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)