Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
J8B82PA#ACJ
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HP support assistant says that my battery cycle count is 252/300. My question is ,, how this is calculated ??
My laptop is of 9/10 months..
What should I do to control the increase rate?
How I should charge or discharge the battery ?

When the cycle count is exceeds 300 , will the battery work ?

Someone please help..
thanks in advance..

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally "A charge cycle means using all of the battery’s power, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a single charge. For example, you could use your notebook for an hour or more one day, using half its charge, and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so it may take several days to complete a cycle"

Source: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201585

(Same for many types of batteries now).

The following site will tell you all about batteries:

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/

Depending on the quality of batteries, you can get over 700 charges or more (that why some machines can get 3 years warranty on batteries) but time between charges will get shorter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@SouravNBU wrote:

HP support assistant says that my battery cycle count is 252/300. My question is ,, how this is calculated ??
My laptop is of 9/10 months..
What should I do to control the increase rate?
How I should charge or discharge the battery ?

When the cycle count is exceeds 300 , will the battery work ?

Someone please help..
thanks in advance..

Yes the battery will still work...but that is the expected cycle count for the battery's life in terms of time of discharge from 100% to 0% if that happens to be 4 or 5 hours then after 300 that would drop half or full hour or not at all depending how well you took care of battery, charged and allowed for proper discharge, etc...

Also to the HP expert who also replied with link...that is for apple batteries which are sealed and operate differently meaning if I recharge at 50% and do it again the next day it will count as 2 cycles not 1 as a Macbook would count it as. Totally different as they have 1000 cycle count life spans. 

HP Recommended

What is the 'Status:80' in advanced information of hp battery check?

HP Recommended

@DharSouvick

Thank you for joining HP Forums.}
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand you want to know about the HP battery check and the message "Status: 80",

Here's the FAQs for the HP Battery check and it should answer all your queries:

The HP Battery Check is an easy to use Windows-based utility you can launch that provides information about the charge status and capacity of the batteries installed in your notebook computer.

For more details: Click here

Let me know if the information I provided helped,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it's realy not helping me....please give me more information

HP Recommended

@DharSouvick

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I mentioned in the previous post, the Status 80 refers to your battery's health,

In order words, Status 80 of the advanced HP Battery Check indicates a perfectly healthy battery! Congratulations 😉

Let me know if you need anything else,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below. 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  

Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.