06-09-2011 09:31 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:05 PM by OscarFuentes
How old is the notebook?
Please provide us the complete model of your system along with the operating system, so that we can assist you in a better way.
How to locate model number:
Also, there is a battery recall from HP on some specific units, check this thread for more details on recall program...
06-13-2011 12:56 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 01:06 PM by OscarFuentes
Thank you for the information.
I would request you to perform the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Disconnect the AC power adapter cord, remove the battery, and hold the Power button for 30 seconds. This will discharge the notebooks system capacitors.
2. Connect the AC adapter to a working power outlet or surge protector and connect it to the notebook.
3. Press the Power button to turn on the notebook.
Check if the issue get resolved. Otherwise I would request you to perform the battery health check using following link....
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)