Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah ive confirmed now that I still have the same issue. About 0.5 % per hour.

HP Spectre x360 13-W000no

HP Recommended

My info follows;

X360 13-W023DX

BIOS F.10 (started with F.03 upgrade to F.04)

USB DIsabled, never used

Battery drain 0.5% per hour when shutdown, 0.25% per hour in sleep mode

HP changed battery but it had no impact

Battery calibrated

If Telstar1948 has success, hopefully he/she can let us know what firmware and drivers HP updated

HP Recommended

I have confrimed, at least with the my particular Spectre x360 13-w023dx, that the latest BIOS F.10 and turning off the USB power during shutdown does not stop the unusual battery drain.

HP Recommended

All

just would like to update on the model of HP spectre x360 I own. All discussed by me on the HP forum regarding the battery drain while shutdown issue pertains to HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-w0XX. This is late 2016 model with Kaby lake i7 processor.

may be different models of spectre x360 have different BIOS, not sure.

still waiting on the 24 hour window. If it works for me, I hope it works for at least the same model Kaby lake x360s..

will post after.

cheers

HP Recommended
Just got this laptop
Spectre x360 i5 kaby lake
Haven't charged it fully yet to test this issue.

And sorry if this has been mentioned before, but many different manufacturers faced this problem in windows 10 and a simple fix was to turn off fast boot in windows 10.
Has anyone tried that yet ?
HP Recommended

I tried fast-boot or fast startup=OFF and that did not help.   This feature just writes more data to the hibernate file stored in SSD so I would not expect it to impact the battery on shut-down.

HP Recommended

Ok I got my HP back and the tech left note saying that it was software: missing drivers; updated firmware.

Certianly looks optimistic right now since when I opened the lid the laptop is at 100%, HP support sent overnight so it has been around 20 hours of down time. The support also left me a driver/firmware thing on my desktop, I will test it for another 5 hours after proper shutdown and report back if it's indeed fixed or not. If it is I will upload whatever the tech left me on the desktop. 

Fingers crossed fam.

HP Recommended
Wow ok so to comment back, i read this forum before testing.. and i finally got around testing it, was expecting something along the .5% an hour drain.
Left to work at 9am 100% charged on new BIOS. Came back at 6:30 and the battery was at 89%.. thats like 1.3% an hour

I'll be giving it few days to test, and see if there's any solutions. If not this is going back and I'll buy a surface pro or an xps13 . Such a shame because it's truly an amazing device
HP Recommended

Ok, at the risk of premature celebration, I have waited ~4 hours and ran my battery report after receiving the "fixed" unit from HP. The current result shows after shutdown there is 0 battery drain, see here:

Now I do not know what the tech did, but like i mentioned earlier he/she did leave me the fixing folder/driver if you like to tinker with it yourselves. I will update again tomorrow after today's usage and optimized the system. 

I have uploaded the files to my google drive so all of you can download it,  run at your own risk, something called the Sphinx fix:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxWVqa8mavxnZXZzaW9TcTdwMFE?usp=sharing

Follow this instruction: 

I hope this will fix everyone's problems!

GOOD LUCK!

FYI my specs: late 2016 Spectre x360  512gb drive touch screen i7. My bios is at F.04 and sleep USB charge is off in bios. 

HP Recommended

are these apps that you see installed in your programs and files ?

and hopefully it is fixed, because i really dont want to return this thing

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.