09-16-2009 08:32 AM
I have an HP Pavilion zv6000 and the DVD optical drive won't read a disc ... DVD, cd. It sound like it's reading when I put in a disc. It spins up and then quits. When I try to use Explorer to read it, I just get the hourglass and can't get out of it unless I force shut down the notebook. I even bought a new drive but that didn't help. I uninstalled it and the drivers in Device Manager and rebooted to no avail. Help.
Solved! View Solution.
Re: DVD Drive won't read disc
09-16-2009 04:06 PM
Thanks for the help. I uninstalled iTunes and Roxio CD Creator and now it works fine.
09-16-2009 10:09 AM
Tried that. I don't have upperfilter nor lowerfilter in the registry for this entry. Tried uninstalling drivers and rebooting. Did try to reinstall Roxio Cd creator and it did see a disc in the drive but explorer doesn't see it.
06-18-2011 07:44 PM
I uninstalled AOL & Real & the drive can be read now. But, I get this error message when I try to open the installation program on the CD: File appears to be corrupt. Reinstall file and then try again.
I can install this program on my desktop, so I know the file is good. Any other ideas
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)