05-29-2009 12:12 PM
Problem: I have a dvd840e? - (dvd840xh08 on the bottom of the unit) although it's curved like the image of the dvd840e on HP's site.
The original software has been misplaced and I'd like to get the unit up and running on a Dell PC [Intel(R), Pentium(R), 4CPU 2.66GHz, 2.66GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM] with Windows XP version 2002 and Service Pack 2.
I plugged the unit in and connected it via USB to the PC then downloaded the 'update driver' - (hpdvd840e_68JH). "New Hardware detected" does not pull up. When opening the downloaded file I get this message: "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" and the Publisher is 'Unkown." When clicking 'Run' it pulls up this message: "FW LoadHe - Not detected target drive." When clicking 'OK' it pulls up the FWLoader window and allows me to pull up 'DVD Writer 840d HPD5' as an option. When clicking 'Okay' it states, "model mismatched."
That's as far as I can get. Any suggestions? Any help would be awesome!
05-14-2013 06:17 PM
I am running Windows 7 and my DVD840i will not recognise any DVDs. I tried to locate driver software download on this site, but can only find it for Windows XP - is there an update for Windows 7 please???
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)