06-17-2009 06:52 AM - last edited on 06-27-2016 11:02 AM by kevin-t
I Have recently wiped my hard drive on my laptop and do not have the recovery disks as my hard drive was replaced before I could dreate them.
I have managed to install Windows XP professional on the laptop but now the following hardware drivers have errors.
Mass Storage Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatiable)
I have looked at the driver site on HP and downloaded some of them but none seem to be the right ones.
My serial number is [Personal Information Removed]
My product number is EZ215EA#ABU
Can anyone point me in right direction?
06-17-2009 09:08 AM
Your product number pulls this site up for XP drivers for your Notebook
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
06-19-2009 08:19 PM
Remember always when You will install fresh system first driver which You must install is chipset. I see then in Your system this driver (SM Bus Controller) isn't installed now. When You will install it as first one You will get the best results.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)