06-17-2009 06:52 AM
I Have recently wiped my hard drive on my laptop and do not have the recovery disks as my hard drive was replaced before I could dreate them.
I have managed to install Windows XP professional on the laptop but now the following hardware drivers have errors.
Mass Storage Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatiable)
I have looked at the driver site on HP and downloaded some of them but none seem to be the right ones.
My serial number is CND6180RP7
My product number is EZ215EA#ABU
Can anyone point me in right direction?
06-17-2009 09:08 AM
Your product number pulls this site up for XP drivers for your Notebook
Knowledge is power...Power to the people
06-19-2009 08:19 PM
Remember always when You will install fresh system first driver which You must install is chipset. I see then in Your system this driver (SM Bus Controller) isn't installed now. When You will install it as first one You will get the best results.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)