Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t-J100 Quad edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an "HP Envy 15t-J100 Quad edition CTO" and  I run windows 10, upgraded from Windows 8.1

My PC is just over a year old (so out of warranty) but it is supposed to be Energy Star rated.

I am having an issue with my fan constantly running. I have tried making adjustments in HP coolsense as well as running a patch from HP website/ community forums : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65424.exe

This did not resolve the issue. My fan runs constantly and I am worried my computer will overheat.

I am even got a cooling pad for underneath it. It sits on it in a well vented area, I do not do anything major on it (i.e. gaming, complex software programs, etc.). It was working fine until about 4 months ago.

Can you please help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@QiigoAdmin

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the Fan is constantly running, Coolsense doesn't work as it should,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps to help you out:

Identify problems caused by heat

The electrical components in a PC generate heat, and fans inside the PC help move the air to keep the components from getting too hot. Excess heat will cause the fans to run constantly, damage components, and limit the speed of the CPU. All of these problems with high power and high heat will cause applications to work slower than normal. One of the main functions of the BIOS is to monitor the temperature and adjust the operating conditions. While the sound of the fan running all the time can be annoying, it may the first clue that your PC is running as efficiently as possible.

Update the BIOS

Keep air vents clear and clean

Increase the efficiency of the notebook

Select a lower power setting for non-critical actions

For more details, Click here

Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.