Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
250 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm looking to replace the Norwegian keyboard in my laptop with a Russian one as I could not get a model with a Russian keyboard installed here in Norway. I bought the keyboard off ebay and have looked at it and it seems like it will fit in the chassis. I'm wondering if there are any instructions on how to replace the keyboard and maybe some tips on how to avoid ruining anything during removal such as the edges of the top cover. I couldn't find anything in the service manual pertaining to keyboard replacement. By the way, I do realize that I will probably void the warranty by replacing the keyboard but I just really dislike having to type Russian on this keyboard.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This video will be helpful and will show what you have gotten yourself into. Instead of using your thumbnails to pry apart the two halves of the casing I would use a credit card or a proper spudger tool. In order to remove the island keyboard from the chassis you have to go past where this guy went and remove the system board to get the keyboard off the top cover from the back. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey6KxAly9cQ

Post back with any more questions. 

Bought this laptop from eBuyer and noticed there aren't any guides showing you how to replace the HDD/SSD; so here you go! If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them for you. Enjoy! Don't forget to like, comment & subscribe for more videos!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.