08-02-2014 01:09 AM - edited 08-02-2014 02:24 AM
I have HP DV6-2170ee notebook PC. The 'insert', 'delete', 'home', 'end', 'pgup', 'pgdn' and the 'left/right arrow keys' are not working. Sometimes they work once or twice if I tap them a lot. What could the problem be.
PS : I mostly use external keyboard and I don't use my laptop's keyboard a lot, except when I travel and I don't travel a lot.
08-04-2014 02:24 PM
Welcome back to the HP Forums!
I understand you are having some issues with your keyboard buttons not responding.
I would suggest following this document from start to finish: Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7). It will walk you through common fixes for this kind of issue.
It would help to know which operating system you are using. To see which version of Windows you are using click here: Which Windows operating system am I running?
I look forward to your reply!
Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
The Great Deku Tree
I work on behalf of HP.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)