11-03-2010 07:52 AM
Please help. My hard drive crashed so I installed a new WD800BEVE from Western Digital. The old one is a Toshiba MK8025GAS. When I try to boot from the CD I get Error: PXE-E61 (media test failure, check cable).
If I connect to my LAN I get Error: PXE-E53 (no boot filename received). It did boot partially with the old drive but many errors. When I ran CHKDSK it deleted a bunch of files that were corrupt. The old drive does load the system disk, but the new drive does not.
11-03-2010 11:32 AM
Check the boot order. The new hard drive is blank, and cannot boot. If you are getting to PXE boot message, that is usually the last ditch boot option...all others have failed. Make sure the CD drive is first in the boot order. You are not booting from LAN I would wager because there is no PXE boot server in your system.
11-03-2010 03:13 PM
First I want to thank you for the reply. I discovered the system automatically disabled the HDD. So, I re-installed Win XP and everything went smoothe. I then installed the the drver disk, no problem untill it rebooted. Then the PXE error came back so, Iwent into CMOS and found the HDD disabled again. At present I think I'm ok. If you have any other thought they would be much appreciated. Thanks again, Brian
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)