09-26-2009 04:22 AM
One week ago I bought a HP simple save 1TB external HDD
I immedeatly started with backing up my data. After some days i switched die Harddrive on again.
Everything seemed normal.
But what was that? While operating i lifted the external drive a little bit and I thought "o man what is going on?"
Die Harddrive restarted during that. I said to myself: What if do that a little bit more perhaps turning the harddrive 180° while lifting?
Well, the HDD shut down. I put it on the desk again and 2 secs after that the HDD started again.
I know thats nothing you do normally with HDD but something like that must not happen.
Cursing aroung I prepared to delete the data and bring it back to the shop. But then I stopped. What if it whas a feature?
What if the HDD does something like self-protecting it against external influences?
Thats why im posting here ?
Maybe somebody else experienced that?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)