09-26-2009 04:11 PM
How would I go about swapping in a bigger hard drive on my dv9005us?
As I mentioned in my earlier thread BIOS and overheating, I had Best Buy mirror the 100 GB OEM drive onto a slightly larger Western Digital drive before I sent the laptop in for repair, but when I swapped out the drives, Windows XP Media Center would never load. I have since upgraded to Vista Home Premium.
I’ve swapped the two 512 MB memory modules for two 1 GB modules, but I need a bigger hard drive (not for my personal files—I now keep all of those on a portable external drive—but for the program files). With only Vista and Office 2003 Professional now loaded, over half of the drive is used, and I still have many other programs that need to be loaded.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)