Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 430 G2
I recently purchased HP 430 G2 and I would like to add storage (SSD).

Can you tell me exactly what type of connector has M.2 or mSATA?
If it goes M.2 what type (ex. 2242-D2 TYPE-B-M)?
Restrictions pertaining to the maximum space <512GB or <1TB?
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

It supports M.2 2242 SSD, but HP Probook 430 G2 is a series of many models/products, not all of them have this slot.

More information:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04784551-1.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Thank you for the answer.
Considering this document HP Probook 430 G2 series has M.2 slot size in 22mm x 42mm, i.e. type 2242,
but I have some doubt:
1. What type of connector is "B-key edge connector" or "M-key edge connector"?
2. Single- and double-sided M.2 modules?
3. And the maximum storage capacity (256GB may be)?
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have a Probook 430 G2 and have bought an AData SSD today, plugged it in in the port but unfortunately, it is not seen by BIOS or OS. The port is there, 2242 M2 because the SSD ca be plugged in with ease.

Any ideas why it does not work? 

Also, from the BIOS, I can only see mSATA. Some of the users report they have PCIe/M2 and it works. I have the i3 4030u CPU and a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

The port seems to be a B-key edge connector.

Thanks,

Andrei

HP Recommended

Hi Andrei!

By the end i do not find the complete response to these questions.

But try to update the bios to the last version available today.

It will be nice if you will keep us informed.

HP Recommended

Hi Iulian,

I had figured this out last night. It seems the ADATA SSD was fauly. I tried it in a desktop M.2 port and got the same issue, slow booting and in the end it was not recognized by BIOS or OS.

I tried to put in the Samsung 850 EVO M.2 in the laptop (it is 2280 but fixed it just to see if it boots) and it worked perfectly. So my conclusion was the SSD is faulty. RMA'd it today and hope for a quick response. The problem is that there are not many 2242 SSDs to choose from as most of the vendors go to 2280.

Anyway, 430 G2 has the SATA M.2 port and it should be working. After I get the new one I will come back with conclusions.

Thanks,

Andrei

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.