Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I push the power button to my HP ProBook 4540s, it does not boot, but a few seconds later the fan turns on and the screen remains black.  If there were any error messages, I can't see them.  The only way to shut it back down is to press and hold the power button.  Then I try to boot it agian.  The computer will boot normally about 1 out of 35 or 40 attempts.  Briefly removing the battery and placing it back does not help.   I haven't made any changes to the computer.  It is about 10 months old.  Any ideas???

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello MS,

Question:  Do any of the LED lights on the keyboard turn on when the computer doesn’t boot?  Here’s an HP troubleshooting document for notebooks that won’t start, along with some info about LED error codes:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

If that doesn’t help, it is probably a hardware issue. Since you've only had the notebook for 10 months it’s probably still under warranty. You can contact HP:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Please let me know if any of these suggestions helped.  If not, I will try to investigate further.

Tobindo

HP Representative

HP Recommended
Am having boot up problem with my probook ,takes almost a whole day to boot,and when it does it restarts again.....so frustrated right now
HP Recommended
Did you find a fix? I'm having this exact issue.
HP Recommended
please help with my hp probook 4540s
I am trying to install windows 8.1, the installation process begins normally.
but when it restarts "no bootable image found" error is shown
HP Recommended

The major problem our staffs face with their laptops is HP ProBook screening not turning. the computer will power alright bu the screen is still off. its affect a lot of people and its really bad

HP Recommended

I have read the light flash code and i found that the led near the caps lock flashes once per pause , indicating cpu problem .

Well what i have to do to fix this problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.