Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I get an error when going on to my Integrated Camera on my HP Pavilion dv7, I use Cyberlink YouCam, the error reads "No webcam detected... If you are using an integrated camera, turn it on now."

I don't know how to turn it on.

Help please?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Open Device Manager, is there and "Imaging Devices" in there? if there is expand it and see if the webcam has an error.

HP Recommended

Mine is doing the exact same thing. It was working properly 2 weeks ago. When I open the device manager it is not showing an "Imaging Device". What happened and how can I fix it? My laptop is just over a year old.

HP Recommended

Hello dculow.  When you attempt to use the webcam (such as through Skype or a similar application) do you get the "webcam not detected" error?

I made a post a few months ago covering all of the solutions to get the webcam working again.  Take a look at my thread here.

I hope you find this helpful; feel free to ask if you have further questions.  Have a great week!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I run Windows 7 and tried Option 4. Nothing. Prior to doing option 5 I attempted to open Cyberlink 3.5 software again. It prompted me to update the software with the free update for HP users. When it prompted me to uninstall the original software, I got this: ERROR: The Product definition file lost.  What does that mean and how do I correct this? Is Option 5 my only choice?

HP Recommended

Hello dclulow.  Honestly, performing Option 5 is the quickest method to determine whether the issue is/was software or hardware related.  However, it is more time consuming and because of this I'd like to help you avoid that if possible.

So, it seems Cyberlink is having issues uninstalling the program.  This is a seperate problem from the undetected webcam but you will need to resolve this issue before you can attempt to use the webcam.   So, I'd like you to try performing the uninstall manually.  Just click Start, type "uninstall a program," and press Enter.  This will bring up a dialog box and populate it with a list of your installed software.  Right click on Cyberlink's webcam software and select Uninstall.  After it is uninstalled you should reboot and then install the latest version available online.  Here is a link to that version.  Let me know if it still prompts you to update the software again as this may be important information.

If you're unable to manually uninstall the program it may have some corrupted registry settings or files.  In that case you should use Microsoft's Fixit to remove the software.  Here is a link to this tool.  

After you're able to get YouCam updated try to perform Option 4 again and let me know the result.

I hope you find this information helpful; I will keep an eye out for your reply.  Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Forget all these software fixes, go to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc

This will show you how to "reconnect" the webcam when the device is not connected.

Easy, just did it myself.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.