Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7 / LM00EA#UUW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade my laptops hardrive to SSD-drive. It said on my laptops service guide that only the intel based model supports on ssd drive. However my Pavilion has AMD Turion. Could anybody confirm weather I can upgrade HDD-->SSD?

Also, if the upgrade is possible, can I install the current HDD drive in the second hard drive slot? If so, are there any extra cabels/adapters needed. 

I tried to find this info on HP's partsurfer, but no luck.

Any help highly appreciated... 🙂

Notebook info:

HP Pavilion dv7 / LM00EA#UUW

Regards,

Jarno

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jhuuskonen wrote:
And about the product number. It's actually LM003EA#UUW (zero,zero). Sorry about that, my bad.

Hi,

Much better now. The following link shows specs of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02776731

It is an HP Pavilion dv7-6010eo. Currently it has 500 GB SATA (7200 rpm), you can upgrade to SSD. You can also put a second HDD to your machine but you need caddy and connector. Please check the following link:

http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=379

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is your machine actually ? I can't find LM00EA (zero, zero), LM0OEA (zero, oh), LMO0EA (oh, zero) and LMOOEA (oh, oh).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂 Welcome to the community! 

You should be able to use a regular SATA SSD on your system. Mind that if you connect the HDD to the second slot you should first install a fresh copy of the OS on the SSD (if you are going to use it as a boot drive which I would recommend) and then add the HDD as the installer might put a system partition on the HDD instead of the SSD. Also, you would need to configure your boot priorities in the BIOS. 

Do reply to banhien's questions so we can provide you more details. 🙂 

Captain_WD. 

HP Recommended

@banhien wrote:

Hi,

What is your machine actually ? I can't find LM00EA (zero, zero), LM0OEA (zero, oh), LMO0EA (oh, zero) and LMOOEA (oh, oh).

Regards.

Thanks for your reply :D!

And about the product number. It's actually LM003EA#UUW (zero,zero). Sorry about that, my bad.

HP Recommended

@Captain_WD wrote:

Hi there 🙂 Welcome to the community! 

You should be able to use a regular SATA SSD on your system. Mind that if you connect the HDD to the second slot you should first install a fresh copy of the OS on the SSD (if you are going to use it as a boot drive which I would recommend) and then add the HDD as the installer might put a system partition on the HDD instead of the SSD. Also, you would need to configure your boot priorities in the BIOS. 

Do reply to banhien's questions so we can provide you more details. 🙂 

Captain_WD. 

Thanks for your reply!

Nice info there. I'll still wait for banhien's reply, if he finds out something else.

After that some shopping to do. Any suggestions which SDD brand would be good for price vs. quality? I think that I'll also be looking to double my Pavilion's memory from 4gb-->8gb.

HP Recommended

@jhuuskonen wrote:

Hi,

Much better now. The following link shows specs of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02776731

It is an HP Pavilion dv7-6010eo. Currently it has 500 GB SATA (7200 rpm), you can upgrade to SSD. You can also put a second HDD to your machine but you need caddy and connector. Please check the following link:

http://www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=379

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The SSD choice depends on what you will be doing with your laptop. In most cases you won't notice the performance difference between different brands unless you are doing something storage-related and storage-demanding. SSDs can sustain quite a lot of writing before going into read-only mode so you should be safe against that too. 

Let me know if you need suggestions or if you have any specific questions.

Captain_WD. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.