Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 2 (61 Views)

Spectre x360 2016/2017 Power Noise

Product Name: HP Spectre x360 X7V25UA#ABA
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

There was one similar thread, but it seemed to be closed.

When the power is plugged in on this new machine (7th Gen CPU / etc., but not the new model with the pen), there is a very faint static noise (possibly to the speakers).

With the power disconnected it is not audible.

Anyone else hear this?  FYI, it can be heard when the system is in sleep - not just when it is on.  It does not sound like "coil whine" - it could be bad grounding or something like that.

R

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (26 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 2016/2017 Power Noise

Hello, @Rhyalus_x360 – Hope you are well Smiley Happy

Thanks for your continued participation on the HP Forums! I would like to help you with the Spectre notebook issue!

I understand that you are getting a faint static noise from your HP Spectre only when plugged into the power outlet. Is it possible that the noise is coming from the AC power adapter? Please check and let me know.

If the sound is indeed coming from the notebook, then try updating the BIOS first. Check here for steps: http://hp.care/2fd4t1o

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Regards,
DVortex
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation