Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an Ultraslim docking station for my Folio 9470m ultrabook, and while the network and monitor ports work just fine, the USB ports don't seem to be working.

When I connect an external keyboard to any of the 3 ports, and an external harddrive to the one USB port with power supply, neither of them is recognized and functioning.

Plugging them into the ultrabook directly works just fine - but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a docking station in the first place!

What can I do to make my keyboard and external harddisk be recognized by the Ultraslim docking station??

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

marcscheuner

Please install HP 2013 Ultraslim Docking Station DisplayPort Hub Firmware

ftp://15.193.113.29/pub/softpaq/sp65001-65500/sp65034.exe

After the update is complete, undock and re-dock the notebook to the docking station. This loads the new firmware and the completes the process.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately - no luck and no positive change 😞

Trying to install that file only results in an error:

PriusTool

-----------------------

Faild to find Synaptics MST DP hub IC

and rebooting, undocking and re-docking don't have any positive effect, either 😞 Situation is still the same - I can only use keyboard and external harddrive when they're plugged into the ultrabook itself - plugging them into the docking station doesn't work.....

HP Recommended

sorry

use your warranty, call the local HP Support!

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

HP Recommended

I found the drivers in the C:\SWSETUP folder. I don't know if they were there before I ran the firmware update program listed in a previous post, but I ran a manual install from a batch file (or cmd file) in a intelusb3.0 subdirectory in that directory and it successfully installed the 3.0 drivers needed for the docking station. The phone that was plugged into the user's docking station was recognized after that.

HP Recommended

Please install USB 3.0 drivers and Essential System update from HP 9470m download website.USB 3.0 Driver Essential System update

I work for HP.
If you find my solution helpful, please click the Thumbs Up!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had similar issue with EliteBook 820 G1 (Win7 32bit) and Ultraslim 2013. USB ports located on docking station were not working while the rest ports were working fine. I installed Intel Management Engine Components driver but without result.

No unknown hardware was visible in Device Manager.

What helped - the issue has been resolved when I installed Intel USB 3.0 Driver for Intel 8 and U/Y Series Products (International) . The tricky part was that during the installation I had message that the driver is older that the one installed already. I forced to install older driver and that was it.

I hope it help somebody :smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

1. Unplug all USB peripherals from docking station.

2.  Go to Device Manager and uninstall the eXtensible USB 3 controller.

3.  Plug back in all the USB peripherals into the docking station.

4.  Right click at the top of the device manager tree, and select scan for hardware changes.

5.  Watch the Device Manager, and you will see it reload all the drivers, and start the peripherals.

This works.

HP Recommended

I've had some bigger issues recently. Every boot up trying to use the dock is an adventure.

I tried the SoftPaq, but found it to be lacking--similar to your view.

I also had big issues with the dock recognizing the drivers consistently for the video.  At one point it had a VGASave driver for the Intel adapter and wouldn't drive external monitors.

I tried to install the drivers, but then I could not get the system to power down without getting a blue screen: PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES.

I installed the older version (December 2015--I believe) of the driver set and it fixed that issue.

This is a tough problem for HP to work out, because the problems have all been intermittent.

I'm trying to get a handle on what works and doesn't, but it hasn't been easy. There is an obvious higher order interraction between the various driver versions for Thunderbolt, the USB, and the graphics.

Strangely, in all my dock problems, the wired ethernet port on the dock always works regardless.  

HP Recommended

I've had mine working for about a week now.  What I found worked was downgrading the Nvidia graphics driver to one before the latest one.  I got into an issue where the Intel 530 adapter and the Nvidia adapter didn't work together.  I ended up with a VGAsave adapter at one point.  

The other thing that seems to work is booting off the dock with the lid open, logging in, and then waiting for the Thunderbolt dock to take over. 

All in all, though, pretty terrible. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.