Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G3
Linux

I am looking for a device to be able to connect my Elitebook with two monitors 1) external HP monitor (ProDisplay P221) and 2) HP Compaq LA2405x. I notice the Elitebook does not have a port for connecting external ethernet cable as well. What would be my best option to 1) connect with two monitors 2) LAN and 3) keyboard, mouse, usb sticks etc?

I found the HP dock  connector suitable but appears very basic (connects only vga and ethernet). Docking stations such as this and this appear to do the job but I could not find Folio 1040 G3 in the list of compatiable products. Would you be able to point me to the correct product that is compatiable with Folio 1040 G3? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I suggest looking at the HP UltraSlim Docking Station (D9Y32AA).  It has 2 Diplay Ports and 1 VGA Port.  This will allow you to connect your ProDisplay P221 (VGA) and LA2505X (DisplayPort) as external displays.  There are USB 4 USB Ports as well as n RJ45 network port available on the dock.  This is the dock designed for this platform.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/mpc/oas/product-detail.html?oid=5422417

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.