Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Product Name : HP G72

Operating System : WIN7

Problem : after booting Windows black screen, booting sound is on, sometimes black screen while using the PC

Test done : Hard disk extensive test result : SMART Check Passed, Short DST Passed, Long DST Failed

Failure ID : 90FLHG-54L75F-9XLO3G-61FQ03, product ID WU889EA#AKD

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

The long Disk Self Test ( DST ) failure would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP (with the 24 character error code for the long dst failure) and arrange to have the drive replaced - you can check your warranty status Here.

If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

If you are in another part of the world, start Here.

If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Hey DP-K, I bought my laptop during Black Friday sales and so I don't have warranty. I also have the same problem. Where can I buy the exact hard drive I need if it's a Pavilon touchsmart?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can  u please tell me more obout this problem :

HARD DRIVE LONG DST CHECK : FAILED

FAILURE ID : Q0E0WM 7KJ7QP XD7V6J 61F803

PRODUCT ID : G2897EA#UUG

Thaink you

HP Recommended

Hi, I've had the same problem.  Different hp computer! That is out of warranty. I replaced the hard drive already, but now I need a disc to reinstall software.  I never made recovery discs ( or if I did they are lost).  I don't keep data on the computer so a factory reset is fine.  I tried to find discs on hp software and drivers but nothing is listed for download.  Any help on next steps?

HP Recommended

SMART Check : PASSED

Long DST : FAILED

FAILURE ID : 9GF95X-72V910-MFPWXF-61BR03

PRODUCT ID : E6G12PA#ACJ

HARD DRIVE 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags

*Back to main menu*

Laptop booting but after desktop is loaded screen is gone black.

When System Diagnostics test is done the above error message is detected what should I do

HP Recommended

Please start your own thread but it looks like you need to replace the hard drive. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.