Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have  EliteBook 2560p processor i5 2450m + 4 gb memory

my os is win8 enterprise

i run systeminfo and i got :

Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                           Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                           Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                           Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

how to fix it

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
Hello, If you wish to install a Virtualization platform, generally your processor should support Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x). EliteBook 2560p includes one of these processors: Intel® Core™ i7-2640M (2.80 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache) Intel® Core™ i7-2620M (2.70 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache) Intel® Core™ i5-2540M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) Intel® Core™ i5-2520M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) Intel® Core™ i5-2450M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) Intel® Core™ i5-2410M (2.30 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache) All the processors support Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) and except last two, others support Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) (device virtuallization which you do not need to worry about right now). 1. Reboot the notebook. 2. Instantly press F10 to enter bios. 3. Check the settings and look for Intel Virtualization Technology (Aliases: Intel VT-x). 4. Turn is on and save and exit. You could use F10 to save and exit. If you have a doubt, you can install CPU-Z to check the availability. Source: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html Look for Intel VT-x Thank you!
HP Recommended

Hello,

How can I enable VT on Elitebook 2560p using a script?  The HP utility does not work on the Elitebooks.

HP Recommended

update the BIOS software and enable it.

HP Recommended

The BIOS has vt at not in security but in device management. when vt is enabled hypervisorlaunchtype need to be off.

HP Recommended

restart your pc & in the black screen press f10 key for entering BIOS  setting:

1-select System Configuration Tab from Top
2-Select Device Configuration From Left
3-go to middle Screen &  Cheked Virtualization Technology
4- Save Changes & Exit

Now   Virtualization Technology (VT-x) is Active.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.