09-12-2011 01:35 PM - edited 09-12-2011 01:37 PM
can anyone tell what the speed of the ram is in this laptop cpuz is reporting that it is pc3-10700 @ 667mhz surely it should be quicker than that.
09-12-2011 01:57 PM
That would indicate you have DDR3 @1333MHz. What do you believe the memory should be?
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
09-12-2011 02:28 PM
the laptop just seems a bit slow for the spec that it actully is, and the timings for the ram are just appalling. tweeking the ram i feel would make it run the way i want it to. it could be me though being a bit paranoid and thinking its slow when in fact its not,at first glance when i went into cpuz i saw 667mhz and i remember back i the day when i had ddr2 running at that freq.but i do trust your judement alarm bells started to ring in my head when i saw 667mhz.
so for an upgrade then would i be correct thinking that i can use any laptop memory up1600mhz and no more than 8gig. is the 8gig limitation due to the motherboard.
god i need a bios mod it would help so much.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)