Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I live in Canada now, i dropped is on the ground, i want to know how to service it and i should contact with which guy, someone can help me or show a way to save my laptop? thank u verymuch

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

franklin24

Sorry, but I don't have very good news for you ...

Notebooks are designed to be light and portable -- at the expense of ruggedness and survivability. Dropping a notebook can result in numerous internal failures that you don't see: motherboard cracks, chip damage, connector damage, hard disk damage, screen backlight damage -- NONE of which is easy or cheap to repair.

Without extensive diagnostics, there is no simple way to know if the laptop is "OK". It may power up, but there may easily be different problems, as listed above.

You can TRY running the built-in laptop diagnostics by pressing F2 repeatedly while rebooting and selecting the diagnostics. IF those all pass, there might still be minor damage that those do not detect.

My suggestion is that if the PC is still under warranty, you contact an HP Service Center to see if they will provide you an estimate on the diagnostics and repair costs. Here is information on them:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

If the PC is no longer under warranty, then you would have to pay HP to look at it and run diagnostics. You might consider using a local laptop repair facility rather than sending the laptop to an HP Service Center.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

thanks for your help and advice, my laptop is still on warranty about 10 months, so i want to repair it even pay some money, but there still have one question in my mind, when i into the link, i cannot find the way that can contact with them, like a live chat with services or upload a form, i did not find the strictly way to show them my problem, could u help me about this, thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.