Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

when i turn my laptop on the screen is just white but i can still hear the hard drive running and i hooked it up to an external monitor and i see everything on the monitor but not on my laptop screen. What is the problem ? and how can i fix it? do i need a new screen?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Yes Tariq_01. That indicates for the replacement of the display panel.
Before that, I suggest you do a hard reset.

Shut down the system.
Unplug AC adapter, disconnect it from laptop
Disconnect all the external peripheral devices attached.
Remove the battery
Press and hold POWER button on the laptop for 15-30 seconds.
Wait for few minutes
Connect battery
Plug in AC adapter
Power on.

If this doesn't help, only option left is display panel replacement. Contact HP in your region.

Hope it resolved your issue,
thanks,

***PLEASE CLICK "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS WITH THE SAME PROBLEM***

***CLICK KUDOS IF YOU APPRECIATE MY REPLY***
HP Recommended

The white screen just happened to our HP and your solution worked perfect...thank you!!

HP Recommended

Glad it worked for you badgerpacker 🙂

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Well I've read everyone's complaint with a white screen. That was me for mths. and because I didn't use it for so long I forgot my PASSWORD TO...well HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME. I JUST FIXED BOTH PROBLEMS.. I was all ready to take it to get repaired and thought let me look up some solutions. Well one worked. Turn off ur laptop and restart it holding down F11 KEYS. IT BROUGHT ME TO FACTORY RESET. YES I LOST SOME STUFF. BUT I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK.  GOOD LUCK GUYS HOPES IT WORKS FOR YOU TO

HP Recommended

HOLD DOWN F11 wen u start it up. It took a few times but I got it to go to factory reset. Plus I didn't remember my password either. But now I'm in. Both problems solved

HP Recommended
Will this erase my windows updates
HP Recommended
Yes... It will restore your system to factory settings
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.