04-16-2013 02:18 PM
Which printers take the 940 ink cartridges? reason why I ask is I've just bought four new 940 cartridges and the printers died. If i buy a model that doesn't take the 940 cartridges I've wasted rather a lot of money.
04-16-2013 03:09 PM
It appears that the printer to which these cartridges belong retails for about $600 US at Amazon.
HP OfficeJet 8500 Plus - very nice printer, by the way.
OK.. You can find a printer of your choice AND find out whether your cartridges will work. It is kind of neat, actually.
- Go to Amazon.com -- Note that this works at least on the USA site.
- Enter the name on your cartridge to find the same cartridge in the Search Bar and find that page.
- Right in the center of the page where the cartridge is offered for sale / purchase, you will find a little application in a box "Will This Work with Your Printer" that offers you the oppurtunity to find out if the cartridge will work in "your" printer.
- Fill in the information with the printer of your choice. Use any printer name that you are considering buying.
The app will respond with "yes" that will work or "no", the ink won't work with that printer.
You might consider buying a quality HP printer that will meet your needs for the next year or two. This might be of greater import than the cost of the four cartridges.
06-01-2014 12:15 PM - last edited on 06-05-2014 04:39 PM by Leo_Y
My 8500 All-in-One died after 6 years and I have $400 in ink cartridges left. Do you know any other All-in-One machines that take that cartride? If so can you email me at: [Edited for Personal Information]?
06-21-2015 08:54 AM
Just search in Google for "hp inkjet compatibility chart"
For example I found this that answers your question although the document is from 2013 so printer released after that date may not be on this PDF:
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)