Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 5 months old hp probook 4530s laptop with win 7 ultimate *64.

I did a battery check from hp battery check software.

From that results it says (Cell Voltage 1:0 mv,Cell Voltage 2:4178 mV,
Cell Voltage 3:4179 mV,Cell Voltage 4:4179 mV) Status:OK (0)

I want to know that (Cell Voltage 1:0 mV) a problem or a normal situvation
Would like to know root cause for this problem.

This is my battery check details
Warranty Type:1 Year
Cycle Count:37/300
Manufacturer:13-42
Battery Age:270 days
Temperature:31 C
Design Capacity:4400 mAh
Full Charge Capacity:4443 mAh
Remaining Capacity:4443 mAh
Current:0 mA
Terminal Voltage:12536mV
Design Voltage:10800 mV
Cell Voltage 1:0 mV
Cell Voltage 2:4178mV
Cell Voltage 3:4179mV
Cell Voltage 4:4179mV
ACPower:True
CT Number:6BSLPCAB71QELF
FAILURE ID:OK
Charge Capacity:100%

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I think this information needs to be looked up on a database. have you tried calling tech support already? 

HP Recommended

No Can u ask from a tech supporter and give me a solution

HP Recommended

i would like to know if your laptop is getting hot on connecting ac power and discharging fast? i too have the same problem. i reported them but they dont discuss this problem in specific. they ask to replace with a known good battery to check the status and try back again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same problem: Cell Voltage 1: 0 mV

with one big difference:

Cycle count: 3 / 1000

HP Recommended

same here, had laptop since 2010, since a few months ago the laptop battery drains in less than 15 minutes,

cycle count 113/300

battery age 757 days

cell voltage

1:0

2:4325

3:4313

4:4316

i don't know what all this means but all i know is that this HP battery is way too expensive, i wish HP had a saver feature like the IBM laptops where it will let the battery charge up to a certain percentage not full to extend battery life, ideally lithium batteries last longer when they are not charged above 80%. IBM's battery management software can also let you choose the maximum charge state as well as minimum, very usefull since I leave my laptop mostly plugged in, 80% charge would give me more than what i usually need unplugged, if i know im traveling and will need the extended run time then i can set it to charge to 100%, it even has a nice calendar feature for you to set these.

HP Recommended

Pls don't get confused if you see such type of results on hp battery health check utility. There is nothing wrong with your battery at the moment. Following is the clarification provided by hp Escalation Management Team to my queries on the same problem:

The circuit board inside the battery which measures the cell voltage and checks the status of cells is made as one size for all battery irrespective of the number of cells in the battery.

Below table indicates the number of cells detected by the circuit board and their arrangements.

# of Cell in Battery                                                                       6

# of Connector used on battery circuit board                    3

# of Cells reported in battery health check                        3

# of Cell pair in series connection                                          2

In this case the Cell 1 is indicated as 0mV as that terminal on the circuit board is not used since it is a 6 cell battery

Note: the terminal voltage will exceed the design voltage indicating the cells are performing in good condition.

The battery health check is reporting as per designed.

There is no public technical documentation available on this.

HP Recommended

I facing the same battrey issue "Cell Voltage 4 : 0mv" with my 6 months old Hp dv6 7040tx. :HalfEyes:

Any suggestions.

HP Recommended

Well now the conversation is getting intesting.

This is what I GOT

####################################

HP Pavilion dv2225nr Notebook PC
Serial number:[Personal Information Removed] 
Product number (P/N): RP415UA 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

####################################

This is the Battery Check Test results of two different batteries

One is a 6 cell and the other is much larger..

the 6 Cell is DOA I know that ... But the Larger Laptop Battery is Brand New and much Larger.

1) Has a charge of 45% and 2) Has the same Omv reading as the 6 cell.

The 6 Cell is Dead.

The 10 Cell is brand new with a 45 % charge and  once the AC Cord is pulled it will not switch over to the battery.

The Lights go out on the Laptop with the Battery having a 45% charge.

Windows knows the battery is there and I did the remove driver method 10 times or so from device manager.

(A.K.A MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver) remove method all over the internet.

I think it is some thing in the Laptop that will not allow the Laptop to be held up by my larger battery.

So in Summary.

1) OLD DOA 6 Cell will hold up laptop with AC Cord is pulled at 3% charge Laptop stays up till batttery Dies.

2) New 10 Cell Battery with 45 % charge will not HOLD UP laptop when AC Cord is pulled. Lights on Laptop with AC Cord pulled even when usings ((A.K.A MS ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver) is removed and Laptop is power cycled.

See below amazingly both batteries OLD DOA battery and NEW 10 Cell have Cell 4 at 0 Volts.

Were is the logic here. The only common denominator is the LapTop.

Something in the LapTop is not see my new battery.

HP Battery Test says new battery is OK and it is, as longs as the AC Cord is plugged in.

Remove AC Cord and its lights OUT on the LAPTOP.

OLD Battery

HP Battery Status.PNG

NEW Battery

New Double Size Battery.PNG

See attached.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.