Question

Honor Student
Jubby
Message 1 of 2 (752 Views)

Backspace on my keyboard not working

My first HP Pavilion dv6 which i bought 1 and a bit years ago had a fault a few days ago. The backspace does not work on it anymore and I can't get support since warrenty expired 2 months ago. Is there anywhere i can get it fixed and how much would it cost?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (723 Views)

Re: Backspace on my keyboard not working

[ Edited ]

Connect an external USB keyboard to verify that the problem is with the notebook keyboard.

That shouldn't be a terribly expensive repair. The keyboard is easy to replace. You can have it replaced at a PC or laptop shop or do it yourself if you have enough confidence in your skills.

I think you have the wrong idea about the forum. This is not a website which gives quotes on repairs. Google the part to get an idea of the price and then look online or in your phonebook to source a repair shop. If you had actually identified your notebook then more specific answers (help) could be given.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation