Backspace on my keyboard not working (652 Views)
Honor Student
Jubby
Message 1 of 2 (652 Views)

Backspace on my keyboard not working

My first HP Pavilion dv6 which i bought 1 and a bit years ago had a fault a few days ago. The backspace does not work on it anymore and I can't get support since warrenty expired 2 months ago. Is there anywhere i can get it fixed and how much would it cost?

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (623 Views)

Re: Backspace on my keyboard not working

[ Edited ]

Connect an external USB keyboard to verify that the problem is with the notebook keyboard.

That shouldn't be a terribly expensive repair. The keyboard is easy to replace. You can have it replaced at a PC or laptop shop or do it yourself if you have enough confidence in your skills.

I think you have the wrong idea about the forum. This is not a website which gives quotes on repairs. Google the part to get an idea of the price and then look online or in your phonebook to source a repair shop. If you had actually identified your notebook then more specific answers (help) could be given.

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up***

****Please mark Accept As Solution if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation