Question

Student
SootAndSTARS
Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)

Broken Keyboard and Wireless Turned off

Hey all,

Recently I damaged my laptop by spilling a small amount of liquid on it. Only the keyboard and fingerprint scanner have been broken. They've become completely unresponsive. I can still use my mouse and have an onscreen keyboard. The problem I have is that the wireless has been turned off, as it's a button on the keyboard. Is there any way to override the wireless button while in the laptop? It's a dv7 4050ea. Thanks in advance!

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: Broken Keyboard and Wireless Turned off

You might use the HP Connection Manager to turn on / off your wireless:

HP Connection Manager sp53394 V4.1.22.1

Connecting to a Network with Connection Manager 4.x

====================================================================================

IF you are interested:

You might replace the use of the onboard fingerprinter with the Eikon Mini fingerprinter. This is a purchased item from AuthenTec.  About $10 US + shipping.

You will have to sacrifice a USB connection to use it AND you cannot use your Digital Persona password database; that is, you will have to redo all your passwords since the Eikon Mini uses TrueSuite software - which can be upgraded to

AuthenTec HP SimplePass 5.4.0.620

after the fingerprinter is installed and set up the first time.

I use this option on an older notebook on which I used to run Digital Persona (and other systems that do not have onboard fingerprinters).

=====================================================================================

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation