Question

Honor Student
CADD_etc
Message 1 of 5 (1,078 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot remove battery from dm4-1162us notebook

I purchased a dm4-1162us on Black Friday, and just opened it on Dec 9th.

I started setup, as directed, and the first order of business was to insert the battery. This one was very difficult to insert, compared to the many laptop batteries I have inserted/removed over the past 18 years. (Also, I am a lightweight female with near-frostbitten fingers, so I couldn't use Brute Force).

When the battery did CLICK into place, it jammed the release button, too, and I could not remove the battery. I took it to the Office Depot, where it was purchased, to get a GUY to look at it, and they agreed that it was JAMMED.

Is this normal for this laptop? I know that it is a new model number, so you may not have seen this issue before.

I have not registered the laptop, since I may exchange this defective one for a dm4-1160.

Thanks for any advice in this FRUSTRATING matter! I love what I have seen of the features, so far, but have not even "taken it for a drive on the internet" yet...

Deb

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (1,074 Views)

Re: Cannot remove battery from dm4-1162us notebook

Hi Deb,

I would definetely exchange the notebook as you should not have to apply any excessive force to locate the battery in the machine.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
CADD_etc
Message 3 of 5 (1,071 Views)

Thank you for the input. I am heavily leaning in that direction! The original point of purchase is dragging their feet, but another store has definitely agreed to exchange or replace the unit...

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 5 (1,063 Views)

Hi,

I would take up the other stores' offer of an exchange or replacement.  If the battery is currently jammed in the notebook, you have no way of knowing whether any damage has occurred to either the terminals on the battery pack or the terminals on the PC.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
CADD_etc
Message 5 of 5 (1,059 Views)

Will Do! Thanks again, and I hope that you have a wonderful day!:smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation