Caps Lock problem (2739 Views)
Honor Student
Jeremy-J
Message 1 of 5 (2,739 Views)

Caps Lock problem

Hi,

I have a new HP- 445DX bought from Best Buy a 2-3 weeks ago.

The laptops caps lock button is not working properly. It does not turn on or off when I ask it yo do so and at other

times it just turns on and off o its own. Very very rarely it follows my instructions but then it freezes again or goes on and

off again. I noticed the caps lock light goes on immediately when I startup the laptop and it reaches the bios.

After that when Vista is loading the wireless button goes on (if i left it on when i turned off the computer( and the caps lock button goes off. However

when vista is done booting up and im at the desktop window the caps lock button goes on again and stays on no matter what i tell it.

I tried installing updates and even flashed the bios to F.3e which was a succes but no luck.

The caps lock is the only button causing me this trouble, num lock is working fine.

Any help or suggestion is extremely appreciated.

PhD Student
Gangles
Message 2 of 5 (2,727 Views)

Re: Caps Lock problem

Lets determine where the issue lies. This could be hardware or software at this point. The first step you want to do is remove the driver for the keyboard and touchpad in device manager and restart the unit to see if this removes the issue.

Also, Have you had this issue out of the box? or did it just start happening

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
Honor Student
Jeremy-J
Message 3 of 5 (2,720 Views)

Hi thanks for replying,

iV had it from the moment i had bought the laptop.

I already uninstalled driver and restarted the laptop... nO luck.

thanks for helping

Student
Limch888
Message 4 of 5 (2,258 Views)

Hi,

I also having same problem with above, the model of my netbooks is HP mini 110-3004TU, any help to solve the issue?

Thanks

CH Lim

017-4937502

Student
macjules
Message 5 of 5 (1,911 Views)

I bought an HP G62 B20SA laptop and pressing the Capslock causes both a freeze-up of the keyboard and the email app to launch. I presume that somewhere the binding to the email button is creating a confict. How do I correct this?

Thank you for an early response to this since I will have to return the laptop if no answer is forthcoming.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation