Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got my HP ENVY 14 yesterday. Straight out of the box, my caps lock LED light does not work. I did a hard reset, and it still does not work. I don't really have too much problem with it cause the Caps Lock key is not the most overused key out there. But I am still sort of disappointed in that this was problem came with a BRAND NEW LAPTOP. All caps rage is just pure irony right now.

If anyone knows of a way to manually fix it via software or something. Please do let us know. I will talk to the technician and see what he says about it. I do not want to go through a whole process of shipping this back and having it fixed for something that small. But I really want all my 1000 + dollars worth it.

HP Recommended

friends i am having the same problem but i started facing the problem after i installed windows 7

HP Recommended

hey guys r u all using windows 7

HP Recommended

i also have the same problem for this. i am using windows 7 for my pavilion dv6000. does any have a solution for this?

HP Recommended

I am also facing the same problem. I have HPDV6000 laptop. Caps lock indicator is not working. It is hard to figure out how to enable this. Any help would be appreciated

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP dv6000.  I was able to find several programs available for download to have the onscreen display.  But in windows 7 you can have the computer beep when you turn on and off the CAPS.  it is called Toggle Keys and can be found by typing keyboard in the start search box click the  "Change how your keyboard works". 

My touchpad LED was also effected ... is that common with you guys too?

HP Recommended
  • Press and hold the "Fn" button. The button should be located in the lower left side of the keyboard, next to the Windows button, and is blue.

• Press the button labeled "Scroll." It will be on the top row, and should be the fourth button from the right. In a blue box under "Scroll" it should read "Num lk." If your model of HP laptop has a number lock light, it will now turn on.

HP Recommended

I know it's a very old post, but I want to tell everybody the solution, for which I have been looking so long time myself !! The notbook has already been repaired under warranty by HP for this mistake two times, both times the motherboard has been replaced. Now after the notbook is long long time out of the warranty, I try to solve this problem myself. The LED itself is broken (incorrect voltage or bad quality was the reason). The soldering of a comparable SMD LED has corrected this issue.

And for all those which have the problem that the CD-ROM drive is not recognized anymore in the BIOS , a hot air treatment of the northbridge helps.

But all this Job´s are not so easy to do for a noob, you need special tools and the knowledge how to solder SMD parts.

HP Recommended

Dear HP Friends...

The model I have is a dv7-3085dx. 

None of the finger sensitive swipe controls function meaning the speaker icon (-) thru the sound bars to the (+) side speaker icon. Also the rewind + play/pause + fast forward (all these glow but Do Not function) if that's not enough the WiFi indicator doesn't glow.

I've spent hours troubling shooting and updating every possible driver. In one YouTube video it was pointed out in a different d7 model the entire board was the culprit. Best of luck trying to find a replacement..HP doesn't sell them yet they claim.

By the way I also need a new scroll key with the  plastic spring that attaches the scoll key to the keyboard broke.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Have a pleasant day.

Sincerely, Raphael

HP Recommended

Does HP sell the scroll /insert key with the plastic hinges that attach it to the keyboard? Part numbers please? Or another place that sells reliable parts.

Thank You, Ralph

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.