Disable Synaptics Tap to click. How to??? (777 Views)
Student
dmhzx
Message 1 of 3 (777 Views)

Disable Synaptics Tap to click. How to???

[ Edited ]

I want to disable the "tap to click" option on my touch pad. Of all the useless options under "Tapping" in the control panel, disabling the tap to click is not there. (6715B running Vista Ultimate).

I can set up little areas to do all sorts of things of no interest whatsoever, but the Tap to click 'feature' seems to be hard wired to ON.

A web search shows that it used to be there. (screen shot of the check box I want but don't have)

Synaptics just say contact your supplier. HP don't even try. (Your product is out of warranty we're not interested) 

As far as I can tell hundreds of people have the same problem, but there is no solution.

Does anyone know where I can get an OLDER driver maybe. Vista tells me that I already have the latest one.

Are HP and synaptics deliberately trying to alienate their customers. or do they genuinely feel that the intensely irritating tap to click is so important that it shall not be turned off.

Student
greimanj
Message 2 of 3 (477 Views)

Re: Disable Synaptics Tap to click. How to???

I also want to permanenty disable "tap to click".

Honor Student
trychterus
Message 3 of 3 (437 Views)

Re: Disable Synaptics Tap to click. How to???

Couldn't agree more. Why the heck do they put a Synaptic's touchpad in the device if you can't get a current driver for it? HP customer support website, and synaptic's website are totally useless. Synaptic's just wants me to download their Scrybe software, and when I tried to do that, it tells me I must use a synaptic's driver. I've tried disabling the Alps driver in the MS config screen but it doesn't help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation