Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need help getting access to my bios on my HP Elitebook 8770w that I have had for more than 3 years.  I forgot my password to enter the bios. Can someone send me a customised SMC.bin file which I could use at boot to reset the password.  I don't want to solder a new bios chip on my computer, please help me!!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum moderator

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Terboman.

As I said on the other forum.

There are no master password generators for ProBooks or EliteBooks and most business class laptops.

Since you do not want to replace the bios chip.

Contact HP for the .bin file.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.​​​html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

Regards,

REO

HP Recommended

That HP link you provided does not go anywhere.  Is the an HP contact here that can send my the .Bin file?

HP Recommended

Terbo.

Do you live in the USA???

REO

HP Recommended

Terbman.

Contact HP.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Or download this file.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VR83WBTA!5WWU8tAv4RxKBw9Tl-SRhJEvQzfosj1jYGZURCpOSxs

Unzip to a new folder.

Insert clean USB flash drive.

Then run USB Image tool.

Choose the flash drive then click on RESTORE.

After restore remove flash drive.

Insert  flash drive into locked laptop and boot.”If HDD is installed remove before booting.”

At C:\OUTPUT   type CD..   “Then hit enter”

Then type HPBR    “Then hit enter”

Since your model is not listed select “SHOTGUN.”

After reboot repeat same as above.

Let us know the result so I can update the list.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

I was wondering if such a tool works when the machine is totally locked down so you cant even change the boot order or boot up to HDD without a fingerprint or password?

I've contacted HP and got a BIN file from them(1kb in size) but cant seem to make it work with their instructions or alternate methods 😞 Just keeps coming up with SMC Command Failure 😞

And sorry for a thread from the dead but its the same model number as the affected laptop I have and same situation, albeit ive been left with it after a now ex employee did this to the laptop 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.