HP EliteBook 8560w - Fan runs on the highest level when the latpop have no external power (888 Views)
Honor Student
philipp
Message 1 of 6 (888 Views)

HP EliteBook 8560w - Fan runs on the highest level when the latpop have no external power

Hello Everybody

Last week I bought a EliteBook 8560w and I have a big problem with this EliteBook.

When I put the battery (akku) in the notebook then start the fan at the highest level to run (windows is not started). If you connect the notebook with the cable to one external power source, the fan will stop. When I remove the external power source (AC cable) from the notebook then the fan starts again at the highest level to run, an we have no possibility to stop the fan. Windows is all the time shut down and not started.

I have installed the newest version of bios and I changed the bios option “fan always on” setting at F10 Setup, unfortunately without success… I think this is not a bios problem this is more a motherboard problem!

Have somebody an idea what could be the problem?

Best regards philipp

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 6 (869 Views)

Re: HP EliteBook 8560w - Fan runs on the highest level when the latpop have no external power

Hi Philipp,

It certainly does sound like a Hardware issue, so the best advice I can give would be to return the notebook to the retailer you purchased it from and get the machine replaced - you shouldn't have to be troubleshooting a brand new notebook and as I mentioned earlier, it does look like a Hardware problem.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
trunkmonkey12
Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

Re: HP EliteBook 8560w - Fan runs on the highest level when the latpop have no external power

[ Edited ]

I also have this exact issue.  but I cannot return it. (was given to me by a friend)  

the issue is this:

When a/c is plugged in, with the battery installed, it goes off fine. (fan)

But if the battery is installed and the a/c is not plugged in, the unit turns on, like sleep mode, and the fan runs.  

The unit is not booting.  (it will boot, if I want it to (power button)), the fan just runs on high.

any advice would be greatly appreciated and needed.

thanks

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 6 (550 Views)

HP EliteBook 8560w - Fan runs on the highest level when the latpop have no external power

Trunkmonkey12,
What model of notebook do you have?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
trunkmonkey12
Message 5 of 6 (546 Views)

8560W Elitebook Workstation.  Where the battery is located, its says:  Regulatory Model / HSTNN-F10C....if that means anything?

TM

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 6 of 6 (544 Views)

Since this is an enterprise/business model notebook, I recommend you posting this over in the business support forums: http://goo.gl/skME2

It will have better visibility in those forums from those who are more familiar with that model.

You may also want to check out the troubleshooting documents, under "Batteries" on this page: http://goo.gl/bcKOj

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation