HP Mini Keyboard Problems (1181 Views)
Tutor
rangerjim9
Message 1 of 3 (1,181 Views)

HP Mini Keyboard Problems

I have an HP Mini 1120NR Mi Edition running Linux. Everything works fine except for certain keys on the keyboard. For example, the 's' key does not work, and the 't' key produces t5v. If I plug in an external keyboard on the usb port, it works fine. I've tried using System Restore to no avail. Ideas? Thanks - Jim

Master's Graduate
Bryan_N
Message 2 of 3 (1,175 Views)

Re: HP Mini Keyboard Problems

Ensure you have the latest BIOS, but this is usually a hardware issue - contact HP support

Version f.13 is available, but has been available for awhile; I do not think it will resolve the issue but if you have an older BIOS you may want to update -

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4041&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3860...

-Bryan
I am an HP employee
Tutor
rangerjim9
Message 3 of 3 (1,171 Views)

Re: HP Mini Keyboard Problems

Bryan -

Thanks. I called tech support and it's out of warranty.

Frankly, this thing was a piece of junk from the word go and I won't sink another dime into it. Ripped off by HP, I had may last computer built by a reputable local computer shop.

Cheers! - Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation