HP Pavillion dv6000 cd/dvd drive not working (159258 Views)
Honor Student
sony0387
Message 1 of 58 (159,258 Views)

HP Pavillion dv6000 cd/dvd drive not working

After installing iTunes on my computer the cd/dvd drive stopped working. There is a problem with the driver, i tried uninstalling the driver in device manager and restarting the computer but i still get the same message. Please help me.
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 58 (159,244 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv6000 cd/dvd drive not working

Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it.  A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done.  You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.

Works in XP and Vista. Good luck!

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Student
Blakewashere
Message 3 of 58 (155,624 Views)

I have the very same problem except for the fix only temporarily fixed the original problem on vista. I recently updated to windows 7. I have been unable to view the dvd/ cd drive on "computer," burn cd's, play cd's, or install any more programs from a cd since I updated to windows 7. Is there anything else that I can install to fix this?

Honor Student
5-Hole
Message 4 of 58 (155,281 Views)

bump...  Having the same issue after upgrading to 7.  I went to 7 after boot mgr missing error.  Every other driver loaded successfully except for the CD/DVD ROM.

Honor Student
crappylappy
Message 5 of 58 (151,096 Views)

This must be an extremely common problem.  Ive seen it in many forums and as yet there are no solutions.  I even tried a "chat session" with an HP "technical support" person who told me that my "drive not be work at this time" so i have to replace it.  Im not really convinced... Why has HP not come up with a fix for this problem?  Hey HP!! Do you ever READ these forums???

I will never, NEVER buy another HP Computer again.  Love the printers, but the computers?? NO WAY!  See what you get for buying on sale.... 

Student
Taylorhush007
Message 6 of 58 (150,587 Views)

In responce to "Drive not working"

Link works perfect, windows vista user, previous issues with DVD driver fixed fast. Thanks!

Top Student
jorton
Message 7 of 58 (143,113 Views)

Hi,

Does HP have a response to this problem? it looks like its a common problem within window 7 upgrade.

Have tried the regedit option and still nothing.

Please advise

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 58 (143,092 Views)

Try MS Fixit:

http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
neilcrowdey
Message 9 of 58 (136,744 Views)

Hi I have Win & Home Premium. Computer did not recognise dvd drive. Microsoft FixIt didnot work....

I ended up calling HP and got these instructions. This worked on my HP G61 Laptop. It may help others....

Start, enter regedit in search bar,

Open regedit

Left hand menus click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

SYSTEM

CONTROL

CLASS

Then need to find  {4D36E965-E325...........

on right hand window see if there is an upper filter.....right click and delete the value.

RESTART...

After this dvd was recognised in My Computer..... 

I hope this may help...

Honor Student
monstertrucker3
Message 10 of 58 (136,278 Views)

I woke up this morning and my DV6000 is doing the same.  No drive is detected for my DVD player.   I've tried the link listed at the top, as well as the one towards the bottom of the page.   I've also did the regedit trick, no filters found.    I've replaced the drive with a new one I had lying around (bought a spare from a friend for parts, and her drive DID work)   But nothing.  

I am about to tear my hair out trying to figure this out.   Anyone got ay ideas?    Do i need to download the drivers for the CD/DVD ROM again?   If so I cant find the drivers on the interwebs anywhere.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation