Question

Student
baconbeard
Message 1 of 3 (2,453 Views)

HP Simple Save Problem

I recently purchased the 1TB HP Simple save external hard drive to back up files on my HP PC.  It worked just fine out of the box, but I am not able to reboot my computer with the drive plugged in.  If I try to boot up, it just goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I thought the great thing about this unit was that you just leave it plugged in all the time.  Am I going to have to unplug the unit every time I want to reboot?  Is this normal, or is there some setting I need to change?

Thanks.

Student
markxuereb
Message 2 of 3 (1,956 Views)

Re: HP Simple Save Problem

And I have another problem: I had to reinstall XP and some

how the Simple save logo didn't appear next to the time on startup (ie bottom right of screen). To start it I have to click on my computer and double click ont he simple save icon.Any suggestions?

Student
Rasferret
Message 3 of 3 (1,437 Views)

Re: HP Simple Save Problem

My issue was that, after the first use and backup, the HPSS 1.0 TB drive would not start automatically.

Even  after going into the drive and clicking on "HP SimpleSave.exe".

Bottom line: Support sent me to:

http://hpsupport.wdc.com/hpsupport/product/download.asp?pid=1&lang=en

Follow the instructions but when you restart...click on the HP Launcher but DO NOT allow any software updates.

I allowed it to download a software update the first time and it has bugs which defeated the whole purpose. So I started again and cancelled all update attempts and my HPSS is now backing up properly.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation