Question

Top Student
Shadows
Message 1 of 22 (85,257 Views)

HP *built in* webcam doesn't work, Hp Pavilion dv2000 (notebook) Vista 32bit.

[ Edited ]

My Hp pavilion web cam doesn't work.. at all.

So this is what I did,

Start>Control Panel>Hardware and sound>Device manager>Imaging Device>Hp pavilion web cam>Properties this is what the"Device status" said,

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available
"

And of course I clicked check for solutions. I think it will give me information about it about next week or so my problem was sent to Microsoft however i need to get this web cam today. So I started to fix it myself. Disabling it enabling restarting uninstalling it going to Hp support reinstalling it Nothing is working.

And also aperantly it doesn't know where the webcam is located it says location: Unknown in its properties anyways how do it tell it where it is?

Message Edited by Shadows on 12-24-2008 03:57 PM
Message Edited by Shadows on 12-24-2008 04:26 PM
Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 22 (85,241 Views)

Re: HP *built in* webcam doesn't work, Hp Pavilion dv2000 (notebook) Vista 32bit.

This is no guaranteed solution_but one which has worked for some.In Device Manager remove/uninstall all the entries under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.Start with the last and move up,removing each.

Reboot to see if any change.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Shadows
Message 3 of 22 (85,078 Views)

Re: HP *built in* webcam doesn't work, Hp Pavilion dv2000 (notebook) Vista 32bit.

Is that safe? Doesn't seem safe. Are you sure it wont damage my computer at all?
Provost
CherylG
Message 4 of 22 (84,993 Views)

Yes ,it is safe.On reboot Windows reinstalls the device drivers.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
Shadows
Message 5 of 22 (84,914 Views)

Didn't work, got blue horror screen, however the computer is working fine(excluding the webcam and recently found out my mic isn't working either).

Thankz anyway

Honor Student
jjhuffman2001
Message 6 of 22 (83,847 Views)

My built in cam is not working ether tryed the uninstall of drivers got nothing. The computer wont even detect the cam at all.
Honor Student
jjhuffman2001
Message 7 of 22 (83,846 Views)

This worked for me.

Go to device manager and  expand "universal serial bus controllers" if you see a driver called "

Sonix  T50500 WEBCAM" (or somethiong like that,I can't remember what it was called exactly)

Right click on it and select "update driver software" 

Then select "browse my computer for driver software"

Then select "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" 

Then select the "USB Composite Device" and click next.

I hope this helps.

I did not come up with this but it worked for me all the thanks goes to easyskanker on the HP Forum.

Intern
HPAREUSELESS
Message 8 of 22 (83,821 Views)

Didntwork for me infact i have now come to the conclution that the webcam on my dv6527ea is knackered!

It worked for something like a week when i first bought this laptop but because i hardly ever used it it didnt

seem viable to send the lappy off to HP for three weeks to fix the thing,now i wish i had now the warranty has expired lol

Anyway to all the others out there who have this webcam problem the answer is simple= HP have NOT and will NOT have a solution to this

problem so my advice is thus>send back your laptop and buy a MACBOOK 

Tutor
tidus080920
Message 9 of 22 (83,685 Views)

click on the links then choose your operating system, then on the next page just  download "cyberlink youcam update and bios update". It will fix your problem

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3686727&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Student
Amapola
Message 10 of 22 (56,840 Views)

Re: HP *built in* webcam doesn't work, Hp Pavilion dv2000 (notebook) XP 32bit.

The webcam on my lap top came installed and worked wonderfully until recently when it disconnected.  The folder on my start menu is empty and I have been unable to find it anywhere else. Any help would be very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation