Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed (5441 Views)
Student
waqas83
Message 1 of 3 (5,441 Views)

Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

I have hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device (as it shows up in device manager) and dont have the driver for that. I need to read my dvds which windows does not recognize because windows has installed CD ROM driver for this device. I have searched over internet but could not find the driver download for this specific DVD RAM device.I have hp 8440p elite book.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Provost
Huffer
Message 2 of 3 (5,409 Views)

Re: Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

There is not a specific driver for the DVD-RAM. Windows loads a generic device driver from the operating system for any and all optical drives which may show up as a CD-ROM driver. What version of Windows do you have? Is there an exclamation mark/error message in device manager? Can you read CDs? Will it not read data DVDs or just movie DVDs?

Student
Buissonm
Message 3 of 3 (4,456 Views)

Re: Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

I have the exact same problem on a Probook 4520s. The driver just stopped working and is not recognized anymore in the Device manager (it appears with the yellow triangle). When I try to update the driver through the device manager, it just tells me that I have the most recent driver available, but the device remains in the same status.

Any clues about what to do ? Could it be a physical failure of the device ? I could'nt find anything on the internet, hope somebody will be able to help me over here :smileyhappy:

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation