Question
Student
Message 1 of 3 (5,708 Views)

Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

I have hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device (as it shows up in device manager) and dont have the driver for that. I need to read my dvds which windows does not recognize because windows has installed CD ROM driver for this device. I have searched over internet but could not find the driver download for this specific DVD RAM device.I have hp 8440p elite book.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (5,676 Views)

Re: Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

There is not a specific driver for the DVD-RAM. Windows loads a generic device driver from the operating system for any and all optical drives which may show up as a CD-ROM driver. What version of Windows do you have? Is there an exclamation mark/error message in device manager? Can you read CDs? Will it not read data DVDs or just movie DVDs?

Student
Message 3 of 3 (4,723 Views)

Re: Help! hp DVDRAM GT31L ATA Device driver needed

I have the exact same problem on a Probook 4520s. The driver just stopped working and is not recognized anymore in the Device manager (it appears with the yellow triangle). When I try to update the driver through the device manager, it just tells me that I have the most recent driver available, but the device remains in the same status.

Any clues about what to do ? Could it be a physical failure of the device ? I could'nt find anything on the internet, hope somebody will be able to help me over here Smiley Happy

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation