Question

Top Student
genuineleather
Message 1 of 11 (11,325 Views)

Hp dv9000(dv9392ea) How do you change the fan speed settings

Hi 

I have now been looking for hours on how to change the fan speed settings for this laptop and all the things I have used do not work, has anyone been able to get it work or knows of away?

Please let me Know 

Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 11 (11,313 Views)

Re: Hp dv9000(dv9392ea) How do you change the fan speed settings

Hi:

According to your BIOS setup guide, there is no option to change fan speed or disable "fan always on when on A/C power."

I have provided the link to your BIOS setup guide.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00820092.pdf

Paul

Top Student
genuineleather
Message 3 of 11 (11,282 Views)

Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply, ya I know it is really annoying because my laptop is running very hot so I want to get the fan to run faster, hopefully someone has managed to get it right.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 4 of 11 (11,264 Views)

Hi:

If you haven't done so already, you chould get a can of that compressed air and blow out the fan intake and exhaust vents. They can pick up a lot of dust and lint in just a few months. If you have never cleaned them and use your notebook a lot and it is a couple years old, then that could be one of the issues you are having.

I have an old Dell laptop that almost burns my legs it gets so hot. Totally normal for that machine. The fan is clean of dust.

Paul

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 11 (11,258 Views)

[ Edited ]

Which BIOS version do you have? Listed HERE are all versions released for your model. If you read the description , F.2B set fan speed higher. As long as you have at least that version or higher,your fan is set automatically.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
muzamea
Message 6 of 11 (11,236 Views)

Not trying to hijack this thread, just thought maybe you would get a kick out of this HP Pavilion DV6000 modification.

These HP Laptops run way to hot, the pavilions were notorious and now even the newer models are overheating.

I have actually modified an HP Pavilion laptop just to show what it actually takes to make one of these run at normal temps.

Can you imagine, if HP had just put one extra little fan or breather hole right under the Northbridge chip or just a differently designed heat sink, probably half of all the failures would never had happened.

Here is the Vid on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_PEVv9TSw

Top Student
genuineleather
Message 7 of 11 (11,212 Views)

Hey Guys

Thanks for all the responces sorry for tking so long to reply,

Ya I have all ready reflowed the gpu twice and cleaned out the fan intake, so thats not really a problem.

I am am running the latest BIOS version there is and it hasnt changed anything so not sure what to do,

Haha ya that isn't a bad plan but I wouldnt really want to cut a hole in the bottom of my laptop :smileyhappy:.

Thanks for the reply's maybe someone will know of a way to get it to work.

Top Student
genuineleather
Message 8 of 11 (11,211 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply is it a good idea to down grade the BIOS version will it casue any problems?\

Thanks

Provost
CherylG
Message 9 of 11 (11,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you have a higher version it should include the earlier version settings.Usually each update is a rollup of previous changes plus newer.

If you are having serious overheating problems I would use a laptop cooling pad with fan/fans. Also,a less radical approach to the mod posted above is drilling some air holes in the bottom of case where the GPU is located. Adding copper shims shown HERE  or HERE on his 'About ME' also keeps temps down.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
genuineleather
Message 10 of 11 (11,154 Views)

Hi thanks for the reply ok then I will just leave it with the BIOS version I have one my laptop now.

Ya I would like to add a copper shim, but really want to take the laptop to pieces again to soon. 

Just wondering if you have any suggestions my network port does not want to work I have got the latest drivers and every thing, have been trying to get it to work now for ages both of the lights on the port just flash on and then off again?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation