Question

Student
HPUSER_MUTHU
Message 1 of 57 (103,250 Views)

My HP laptop is all of a sudden not booting up

I have a HP laptop dv6000 and I use the laptop for personel purpose. Yesterday when I used the laptop and put it in the sleep mode before i went to the bed. Today morning I got up and opened my laptop, I am not able to boot the machine. I also see that the power adapter is connected but still Laptop is not getting the power and the blue light in the power adapter connection port is not glowing ...  This is a very weird and bad experience for a user. I am not sure if all the dv6000 series users are facing this issue.

please advise me how to fix this issue.

thanks,

hpuser_muthu

Teacher
NoNoBadDog
Message 2 of 57 (103,225 Views)

Re: My HP laptop is all of a sudden not booting up

Unplug the power supply. Remove the battery.  Press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds.  Now, plug the power supply back in, and without installing the battery, press the power button and see if it boots.

FWIW, if you are not going to use your computer for several hours, as in your case, it is far better to turn the computer off versus letting it sleep.  Sleep is meant for short periods.  If you do not wish to turn it off, consider enabling hibernation and hibernating the unit instead.  Your best option, though, is to turn the computer off when you go to bed. Sleep mode does maintaing power to the system, and data corruption can occur (which is probably what happened in your case).

If this has been helpful to you, please return the favor by giving Kudos. 

If this post has been helpful to you, please return the favor by clicking on the yellow KUDOS! icon in this box. Thank you! I'm not an HP employee, just someone trying to help others....
Tutor
tapan_gupta
Message 3 of 57 (99,773 Views)

Hi,

I too have a HP laptop dv4-1125nr. It is not booting. When i press the power button, fan start sound comes in then nothing displays on screen. It shows light in all LED.. This can not even be switched off by pressing power button. I had to remove the power and battery to shutdown it.

I tried your method but didn't work. Any other thing i can try here?

Student
ismailsalah
Message 4 of 57 (97,582 Views)

Thank you i tried your method by unpluging the power and removing the battery it was helpfull and my laptop is working again!!

Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 5 of 57 (97,535 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If the battery of the HP laptop is not in a good condition, sometimes booting problems might happen. To remove any static charges accumulated in the battery, you would have to remove the battery and press the Power button for about 25-35 seconds. Then reset the battery. Even after this, if your laptop is not booting up then you could perform the battery calibration and press F8 key to boot in safe mode.

Get more information to fix HP Laptop not booting issue :

http://supportforhp.iyogi.com/laptop-not-booting.html

Hope this information helps you.

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
Student
aioannid
Message 6 of 57 (97,399 Views)

i have tried your suggestion and did not work;

removed the battery and power supply, pressed the on key for 45 seconds. then connected up and tried to reboot; not worked.

when i pressed esc during boot up i tried testing the hard drive and it did not respond; what do you suggest please?

Honor Student
jmchoupal
Message 7 of 57 (92,602 Views)

i am going through a very weird and serious issue with my hp-pavilion dv4 series.i have intel core2duo with windows 7 home premium.i bought this laptop 2yrs back.
the severe problem which i am facing with my laptop is that when i am turning on my laptop it is showing that the battery has less than very low backup,it is asking me to press 'enter' to continue.after that when my the windows page and then the welcome page is been shown but then there is a dialogue box appearing which says that system cannot load it's installing/error in installation and then the screen turns completely black.i have to perform force shutdown.
plz help me to diagnose the original reason of this problem and how can i solve it.

Honor Student
Chandra_Shekhar
Message 8 of 57 (90,754 Views)

This is awesome, it really worked, and it worked for compaq Presario v3000 Laptop. I was looking for the solution on net and got this post and it worked.

My compaq presario laptop was also not booting up, its battery is week and it doesn't give even 1 minute backup, but this time it was not working even with power supply. When i removed battery and pressed the power button for some 20 seconds and then pressed the power button after plugging in as written above, it started. Amazing naa..... 

Thanks buddy :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
lala84
Message 9 of 57 (86,140 Views)

my laptop is not starting up

My laptop Hp dv 5 pavillion when on my laptop it goes press any key to reboot it does not go directly to windows and always shows the Hp sign on my laptop when I press Esc it says that press any key to reboot.

Student
Tanvi0108
Message 10 of 57 (85,239 Views)

I have HP pavilion dv 2000 laptop and I'm using it for the last 5 years. From last two days my laptop is not booting up all of a sudden. When I power on or I connect the adapter it is shown but after that I'm not getting the windows screen. I even formatted OS but again when I restarted my laptop the windows screen is not coming.

Please give me some advise.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation