Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
NW9440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OK I know this laptop (NW9440) is the best part of ten years old now, and I may be  on a hiding to nothing. But HP did release drivers for the Quadro FX1500M for both Windows 7 and (AFAIK) 8 and 8.1 in the form of the 259.47 level drivers which they provided to Microsoft for the WHQL certified repository.

I'm now hoping to install Windows 10 x64 on top of my current installation of Windows 7 x64, but the Windows install check says that the FX1500M isn't a supported graphics device 😞

Is there any hope for Windows 10 drivers here, or am I now at the end of the road?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It turns out that the last Windows 7 WHQL driver (259.47) for the FX1500M from the Microsoft WHQL repository works fine on Windows 10.

You can use the setup.exe to install, but you can click on the right click on the graphics device in Device Manager Windows, and browse to the folder containing the driver - this installs the driver and nView etc..

64 bit 259.47 driver download: http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...acec9c13b7.cab

32 bit 259.47 driver download: http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...c43d908c63.cab

Cheers

Dave

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi, Dave:

I would try manually installing the Vista business driver from your notebook's support and driver page and see if that works.

Run the file and you will get an unsupported operating system error.

Close out of the error window, go to the device manager, click on the MS Basic Display Adapter, click on the driver tab, click on Update Driver, select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp#####, where ##### is the file number of the driver download.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

Then reboot.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Where to download latest driver for vista business?

My nw9440 has been deleted from the sws file.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

It turns out that the last Windows 7 WHQL driver (259.47) for the FX1500M from the Microsoft WHQL repository works fine on Windows 10.

You can use the setup.exe to install, but you can click on the right click on the graphics device in Device Manager Windows, and browse to the folder containing the driver - this installs the driver and nView etc..

64 bit 259.47 driver download: http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...acec9c13b7.cab

32 bit 259.47 driver download: http://download.windowsupdate.com/ms...c43d908c63.cab

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

That is good to know, Dave.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Thank you very much, unfortunately, I'm sorry, I get a black screen. (sp47688)
This is not a good solution!
Me at the end of the week, in the NVIDIA driver 9.18.13.768-2012.12.07 (307.68 driver) managed to get the

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500 M my display adapter installed.

(Your In accordance with the installation guide)

So far excellent runs to Win 10.

Regards HK

Add: (from internet)

[Request] 307.68 drivers for windows 10 32 and 64 bit. 7series GPUs
Laptop Model - Dell Inspiron 9400 / e1705
GPU - NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS
OS - Windows 10 64-bit
PNP Device ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0298&SUBSYS_019B1028&REV_A1\4&5D53E6A&0&0008
Currently works under Windows 8 64-bit with drivers 307.68 - Driver Version 9.18.13.768 - WHQL Compliant.

My Laptop Model - HP Comp. nw9440

My GPU - NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500M

My OS - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

My PNP Device ID: 

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0298&SUBSYS_019B1028&REV_A1\4&5D53E6A&0&0008

So far, all is well!

Br. HK

HP Recommended

That is good news.

I know that my suggestion works with W7.

Didn't know if it would work with W8 or newer.

Now I know it won't work with W10.

HP Recommended

where you find this driver to download?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.