Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I found the USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller in device manager not compatibale and the error is (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)).

The operating system is Windows 8.

Please need yor support to work this device properly.USB.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I want you to know I resolved this problem on my DV7T 7200. I downloaded the latest WiDi drivers from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22016&ProdId=3227&lang=eng

These seem to be newer than the ones HP provides. I installed ALL other drivers first (display, chipset, etc) and then I installed the WiDi software (link above). The USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller was recognized just fine. No more unkown devices.

Hope this helps.

Jim

View solution in original post

73 REPLIES 73
HP Recommended

That is the USB 3.0 Host Controller. A lot of folks are having trouble with USB 3.0 in Windows 8. You must have a fairly recent laptop but to help much more I need to know your model number and also it would not hurt to go into the advanced properties of the offending device and give us the hardware id string so we can see what type of USB 3.0 controller you have.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my brand new DV7T 7200 Quad. In BOTH Windows 7 and Windows 8. This seems to be somethign added by the Intel WiDi software. I've tried everything (installing all drivers, new USB3 drivers, etc) and nothing works. I ended up "uninstalling" the device and it hasn't shown up again. I would like to get it resolved though because my HP Recovery DVDs do not work. They fail at the end of the recovery with an error regarding USB yellow triangle. I suspect this is the reason. So my recovery discs are useless.

HP Recommended

Hi Huffer,

My Laptop is HP ENVY DV6 7295EX

Product number: C5U00EA#A2N

OS is Windows 8 Single Language 64-bit

Hardware id:

root\usbpalbus

Thanks for your cooperation.

Elbaiar

HP Recommended

I want you to know I resolved this problem on my DV7T 7200. I downloaded the latest WiDi drivers from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22016&ProdId=3227&lang=eng

These seem to be newer than the ones HP provides. I installed ALL other drivers first (display, chipset, etc) and then I installed the WiDi software (link above). The USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller was recognized just fine. No more unkown devices.

Hope this helps.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

I have installed your recommened driver and now the device is working properly.

Thanks all for your cooperations.

Elbaiar

HP Recommended

HI Huffer,

I'm having the same problem. My laptop HP ENVY dv7

Product number B6B77AV

Windows 8 64 bit

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try to update the driver from the below link:

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with:

Product name: HP Spectre XT Ultrabook PC

Product number: B8C21AV

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. It started when I inserted a USB 3.0 flash drive. It did not show up when I used my 2.0 flash drive, it only started when I inserted the 3.0 device and has not gone away since. I have a Spectre XT Touchsmart 15t-4000.

Michael

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.