Question

Tutor
frosty62
Message 1 of 39 (165,212 Views)

Webcam Drivers in Windows 7

I just upgraded the OS on my DV9743cl to Windows 7 and have lost the ability to use my webcam.  Any suggestions on where to find the correct drivers so I can use it?  My wife needs the webcam urgently for something she is doing for work and my only other option is to pay good money for something I already have.

Tutor
Eivissa
Message 2 of 39 (165,207 Views)

Re: Webcam Drivers in Windows 7

dear frosty!

I am having the same problem! Just installed windows 7 on my Pavillion dv9040ea and the integrated webcam  does not work anymore. Though it appears in the device list and the drivers are said to be up to date...I've tried on the driver downloads of HP but of no help.

which Laptop and webcam do you have?

I can't wait to get the solution for this - hoping someone is here to help us?

If you find out the solution elsehow, please make me know and so will I! Thank you!

Intern
Lappy_Centre
Message 3 of 39 (165,194 Views)

[ Edited ]

dear frosty62,

1. go to device manager..

2. check , is there any device ( USB video device ) in IMAGING DEVICE

3. if yes then try to use Yawcam free utility and check that yawcam can detect your camera or not.. 

Intern
Lappy_Centre
Message 4 of 39 (165,192 Views)

just for info...Dv9 uses Ricoh 5U870 camera

Tutor
Eivissa
Message 5 of 39 (165,179 Views)

dear Lappy!

I happily confirm that this software has detected my webcam - and I assume it will be the same case for frosty??!!

Alas, the preview is poor. It is a picture that is blinking frequently from my own face to black screen, back and forth.

Do you have a recommendation for improving the settings or whatever else somehow?

However, under MSN, the life video conversation works now. I thank you sooooo much!!!

Intern
Lappy_Centre
Message 6 of 39 (165,100 Views)

dear Eivissa , i am happy to know that your cam is now working..

this free software dosen't have good quality ,but we can use this one to conform about hardware/driver...

you can search many other softs like this in google..

to say thanks please press white star below my id ... its kudos :smileyhappy: ...

Merry Christmus...

Tutor
frosty62
Message 7 of 39 (164,883 Views)

I just tried what you suggested and it did not work.  Under imaging devices it just says HP Webcam.  I installed Yawcam and it turns on the camera, but it shows nothing.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks alot for the help.

Top Student
susyq
Message 8 of 39 (164,867 Views)

I have exactly the same problem with the HP built in webcam on my HP Pavillion Entertainment Dv2700 laptop since I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7

I use skype daily with my family as I work overseas a great deal. The blue webcam light comes on the camera activates but the picture at my end and the other callers end is totally dark. I have checked out the drivers and it is showing as connected. Has anyone found a fix for this please?

Student
maharith
Message 9 of 39 (164,115 Views)

Hi there, I deleted my HP webcam driver by mistake, anyone can help me to re download again please, my OS is windows 7(ultimate),laptop model HP Pavilion dv5 1199ee, waiting for your reply ASAP thankssssssssss

Student
OFGEN
Message 10 of 39 (163,212 Views)

[ Edited ]

i also had that kind of webcam problem just a half hour ago, but luckly i solved it.

the first step is to find your last "flash bios" and updated drivers. install all drivers to your pc, if you are using windows 7 x64, you can use vista x64 drivers, and vista x86 drivers for win7 x86 drivers.

then apply it, so upgrade your bios. at the time of upgrading bios, all usb devices have to be unplugged (even your mouse). your computer will be turned off. when you start it, you are gonna see that ,finally, it works.

by the way my pc is dv2700, t9300, 2.50 Ghz, 2.00 GB Ram (artist edition)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation