Message 1 of 2 (993 Views)

help with scroll volume bar on pavilion dv6-1330sa

I've had a few problems for a while now on this computer but my touch screen volume slide bar stopped working a few months ago. can someone please explain how to get it fixed i will need an exact description as i am in no way a proffesional on a laptop, basiccally

.at the rear of the keyboard the touch sound scroll bar has stopped working

.the mute and wi-fi touchbuttons also dont work

.will only download things from hp site, dont refer to anything dodgy.

.il be very happy if someone can fix this

thnkyou very much Smiley Happy

PhD Student
Message 2 of 2 (968 Views)

Re: help with scroll volume bar on pavilion dv6-1330sa

Sounds like an issue with the keyboard bezel, it is most likely a loose ribbon cable from the circuit board on the keyboard bezel to the ZIF connector on the motherboard.  A HP Authorized Service Center can take a look at this if your laptop is under warranty.  The warranty status can be checked here:

If it is not under warranty, consider looking up the maintenance manual for your model laptop.  The manual will have schematics on how to disassemble the laptop, a keyboard bezel is a little tricky but not too hard to remove.  You'll need a spudger, an Torx-8 screwdriver and a Phillips-1 screwdriver.  Remove the ribbon cable that connects the bezel to the motherboard and re-seat it, ensuring that the ribbon cable lays flush with the bottom of the ZIF connector, push down on the ZIF to seal the connection and re-assemble the keyboard bezel and keyboard, putting all the screws back in.

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation