Question

Student
joshneedshelp
Message 1 of 2 (942 Views)

help with scroll volume bar on pavilion dv6-1330sa

I've had a few problems for a while now on this computer but my touch screen volume slide bar stopped working a few months ago. can someone please explain how to get it fixed i will need an exact description as i am in no way a proffesional on a laptop, basiccally

.at the rear of the keyboard the touch sound scroll bar has stopped working

.the mute and wi-fi touchbuttons also dont work

.will only download things from hp site, dont refer to anything dodgy.

.il be very happy if someone can fix this

thnkyou very much :smileyhappy:

PhD Student
Knute
Message 2 of 2 (917 Views)

Re: help with scroll volume bar on pavilion dv6-1330sa

Sounds like an issue with the keyboard bezel, it is most likely a loose ribbon cable from the circuit board on the keyboard bezel to the ZIF connector on the motherboard.  A HP Authorized Service Center can take a look at this if your laptop is under warranty.  The warranty status can be checked here:

http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/ewarranty/warrantyResults.do?admit=109447627+1286541891570+28353475

If it is not under warranty, consider looking up the maintenance manual for your model laptop.  The manual will have schematics on how to disassemble the laptop, a keyboard bezel is a little tricky but not too hard to remove.  You'll need a spudger, an Torx-8 screwdriver and a Phillips-1 screwdriver.  Remove the ribbon cable that connects the bezel to the motherboard and re-seat it, ensuring that the ribbon cable lays flush with the bottom of the ZIF connector, push down on the ZIF to seal the connection and re-assemble the keyboard bezel and keyboard, putting all the screws back in.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• I Love Kudos! If you feel my post has helped you please click the White Kudos! Star just below my name
  • If you feel my answer has fixed your problem please click 'Mark As Solution' and make it easier for others to find help quickly

• † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation