how do i disable trackpad on ProBook 6460b??? (11458 Views)
Student
gfiltsos
Message 1 of 3 (11,458 Views)

how do i disable trackpad on ProBook 6460b???

I am using windows 7 in 32-bit and I want to turn off tring Trackpad because I can't help hitting it by accident as i type.  I alos prefer to use an external mouse anyway.  Please help.

MC7 Student
Student
MC7
Message 2 of 3 (11,413 Views)

Re: how do i disable trackpad on ProBook 6460b???

The best way is install the Synaptics Touchpad driver:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

The Synaptics icon will then appear in the taskbar, and you can click on it to open up the Properties window.  Go to the Device Settings tab, where you can either disable the "Synaptics Luxpad 7.5" altogether, or highlight it and click settings where you can double click on the "PalmCheck-Enhanced ACM" and adjust those properties to make it work for you better.  You might find that just installing the driver alone will fix the problem of the touchpad accidentally being triggered -- it did for me.

Alternatively, you may be able to disable the default Mouse PS-2 driver in the device manager, but not sure if that might end up disabling the trackbutton as well (or instead).

Good luck... I have not been happy with this laptop overall, and am planning on returning it because the video connector is wobbly/intermittent and for some reason they didn't design it with the standard holes to thread the screws on a standard VGA connector into (!?!); I think my org also discontinued support for it because of numerous problems users experienced.

Student
cain_999
Message 3 of 3 (11,236 Views)

Re: how do i disable trackpad on ProBook 6460b???

on the pad top left there is a little dot ... double tab on it ... it will disable it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation