integrated generic bluetooth adapter: Code 43 (3773 Views)
Top Student
namazanail
Message 1 of 14 (3,773 Views)

integrated generic bluetooth adapter: Code 43

Product name: HP 1000 Notebook PC

Product number: C5H83PA#UUF

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 

Problem:

-Integrated Bluetooth Adapter:Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Solutions Attempted:

- Method 1:Restart.

-Method 2:Uninstall. Scan hardware changes. During installation, three unknown device got 'device unplugged'.

- Method 3:Installed Atheros Bluetooth driver.

Results:

-Same. 'Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)'

Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 14 (3,751 Views)

You can try reinstalling the bluetooth driver through the recovery manager. This could be a failed bluetooth module as well, but would like to exhaust all other steps first.

Go to start, search for recovery manager, and open this result.
Select software and drivers.
Click Next.
Look for the bluetooth driver.
Select it and follow the prompts to reinstall the original driver.

Let me know what happens.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
namazanail
Message 3 of 14 (3,747 Views)

Re: integrated generic bluetooth adapter: Code 43

Cloud_Strider wrote:
You can try reinstalling the bluetooth driver through the recovery manager. This could be a failed bluetooth module as well, but would like to exhaust all other steps first.

Go to start, search for recovery manager, and open this result.
Select software and drivers.
Click Next.
Look for the bluetooth driver.
Select it and follow the prompts to reinstall the original driver.

But...I don't have a recovery manager....

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 14 (3,746 Views)

You should have a recovery manager if it is using Windows Vista or higher. Every HP notebook comes with Recovery Manager...it's how users can get back to day one for a fresh out of the box experience.

This document details how to get to the recovery manager in Windows. Don't follow the steps as it will wipe your system free of anything you have put on it.

Click Start , type recovery in the search field, and select HP Recovery Manager to run recovery from the D drive.
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Top Student
namazanail
Message 5 of 14 (3,742 Views)

already searched...no recovery manager.

I don't know if this info would help, but my laptop was bought from a dealer. It was suppose to be bundled with Linux OS, but we installed Windows 7 after buying.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 14 (3,739 Views)

Ok, then it's not an OEM copy of the operating system. In that case, the recovery manager and the corresponding recovery partition would be missing. Sorry about the confusion.

Since I have conflicting information, I would like to make sure I'm looking at the right pages.

Is this your notebook?
Are these the right specifications?

Signature
Top Student
namazanail
Message 7 of 14 (3,733 Views)

Cloud_Strider wrote:
Ok, then it's not an OEM copy of the operating system. In that case, the recovery manager and the corresponding recovery partition would be missing. Sorry about the confusion.

Since I have conflicting information, I would like to make sure I'm looking at the right pages.

Is this your notebook?
Are these the right specifications?

According  to the search results of the serial number... Yeap . Except my RAM is upgraded.

It's okay, my mistake too for not being knowledgable regarding this.

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 8 of 14 (3,717 Views)

I will need the hardware ID of the bluetooth adapter.

Go to Start, search for Device Manager, and open this result.

Locate the Bluetooth device with the error in device manager and open the properties for it.
Select details and select hardare ids from the drop down menu.

Report the hardware IDs that are listed.
Signature
Top Student
namazanail
Message 9 of 14 (3,686 Views)

Apologies for the late reply.

Hardware IDs:

USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D&REV_0001
USB\VID_0CF3&PID_311D

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 10 of 14 (3,673 Views)

The hardware ID is a useful item to have, but it didn't reveal any new drivers from Atheros in this particular case. 

Is this the same driver you already attempted to install?  If not, attempt this driver install, but with a clean slate. 

Open device manager, right-click the device, select uninstall, and ensure the Delete the driver software for this device is checked.  This should uninstall the device and the driver completely. 

Once that is done, try reinstalling the linked driver package again.

This document from Microsoft states there are two causes to code 43: failed driver or a  hardware issue.  I am afraid that this may be a failed hardware component, but the FixIt linked at the bottom of the document may be helpful.

Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation