Honor Student
Message 1 of 1 (195 Views)

multiple monitor help

My office just gave me an HP EliteBook 840 with the HP Ultraslim docking station. We have older Dell monitors with DVI and VGA connections only. How can I get multiple monitors set up on this? It appears that the laptop has a displayport (DP) and VGA out and the docking station has 2 DP and 1 VGA connections. Is it possible to use 1 VGA connection on the laptop and one off the docking station simultaneously? I plugged both in, but the monitor connected to the laptop wasn't recognized while connected to the docking station. I wasn't sure if there was a WIN 7 setting somewhere I could change that.

If that doesn't work, is it possible to have 1 VGA and one DP connected (connecting to the 2nd monitor with a DP to VGA cable)?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE. - Hp Forum Moderator

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation